View Single Post
Old 09-04-2018, 12:04 AM
GreekChat Member

It seems to me that you have a true feeling of regret for not having gone all the way through to bid day. Though, I can't quite tell if the regret you feel is because A) you didn't give the two chapters you preffed a chance or B) you would really rather be in ABC or DEF, the two chapters you loved and got released from, and are not sure if you should gamble on informal/COB or formal recruitment in order to get one of those.

Look, we can't tell you if you did the right thing or not. Only you know in your heart if you did the right thing. Though, the fact that you feel some kind of regret tells me that you weren't 100% certain about your decision drop out. We also can't tell what you should do, what your chances are for receiving a bid at informal recruitment (COB) or your chances formal recruitment next year.

Like the others said, if you would be willing to accept a *possible* "snap" bid to ANY of the sororities (including the two less favored you preffed), contact your Greek Life Office ASAP to explain that you got nervous and dropped out too early. Ask what your options are and see what they say. You *might* have a small chance at a snap bid before tomorrow. Otherwise, your next option is to ask the Greek Life Office if they are collecting names for informal recruitment and try that when it opens up.

Good luck!

True and Constant