View Single Post
Old 09-24-2018, 07:21 PM
GreekChat Member

I agree... critics have stifled so many recruitment stories because they think the stories are not politically correct or they strike a sore spot in the critic (ie you think you're too good for sorority X). In a recent recruitment story, the poster said that she was glad that she was invited back to a sorority even though she had heard that they only took a certain group. She was extremely careful NOT to say which group. Was the group tall blondes? or a religious affiliation? or ????
And no one piled criticism on her.

Maybe I should post a fictional story where the PNM is perfect and joins a fictional sorority. She will have no opinions, no biases, no preferences, will have been raised in an all-inclusive public school, have an 8.0 GPA, Miss America candidate, honor scholar, top athlete and she will reject any sorority that does not have equal representation by every ethnic and religious group.

Please let the poster tell the story of her niece. She's telling it like it was for her young niece, NOT like it should have been. I appreciate her honesty.