View Single Post
Old 01-08-2018, 12:31 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by collegegirl96 View Post
Hello! So at my school we have recruitment during the spring semester, so in about 3 weeks and I'm thinking about rushing. A little background info, I came to my school as a sophomore transfer student and rushed that spring. On the last day I got called back to one sorority but I felt like that was not the best group for me which lead me to drop. Junior year I had some personal stuff going on so I did not rush and now here I am as a senior reconsidering.

I went through some post here about other girls in the same situation and a lot of people said not to go through it or don't expect to get the results that you wanted. I go to a private school in NY so we only have about 5 sororities so it is not super "competitive". I don't want to feel like I'm "competing" with the younger girls but then again I want to prove that I can be just as active and contribute to the sorority in this one semester just as much as a freshman would.

Any advice is appreciated
Whatever you do, don't tell women that you're going to "contribute to the sorority in this one semester just as much as a freshman would." And please tell me that's not your only intention. If you're trying to join as a senior, you should be committed to an organization for life, and you should make it known that you plan to contribute beyond college.

My chapter had a senior join, and she emphasized that she wanted to be involved long after school ended. She was an integral part in getting an alumnae chapter started in the area and she is still heavily involved nearly ten years later.

Joining as a senior is a different experience. If a chapter is even willing to take you on, they'll want to know that you're committed to the organization and that you're not just out to get some letters to wear.

@~/~~~~