View Single Post
Old 08-13-2015, 04:17 PM
GreekChat Member

A Totally 90's Teen Movie Recruitment Story!

I decided to post my recruitment story with a theme of some of the most popular teen movies from my high school and early college days. I always knew about GLO’s growing up- my mother, aunts and several cousins were all in sororities at different schools in Texas and Oklahoma.
My own mother was tall and glamorous and believed the right connections and social graces were every bit as important as education. She was able to pay her own way through college with the scholarships she earned as a state champion majorette and by competing in beauty pageants.
I grew up in a small town in the South and then my family completely ruined my life by moving to the MidWest when I was in high school. In the 90’s teenagers still had regional fashion trends and accents, so I was definitely a fish out of water. I soon made friends through two of my favorite activities as I was heavily involved in teen pageants and competition cheerleading.
At my new High School I was on Varsity Cheer, selected for Homecoming Court, VP of NHS and in the top 10% of my class. During my senior year in high school, I decided on a state university near my family’s new home. My mother immediately started preparing me for rush the next fall. We were able to secure 2-3 recs and letters of support for each of the sororities on campus from our friends and family back in TX and OK.

My school had 9 National Sororities at the time and I have named them each after a teen movie from the 90’s. In no particular order they are:
She’s All That
Clueless
The Craft
Never Been Kissed
Romi & Michelle’s High School Reunion
Varsity Blues
Can’t Hardly Wait
Pleasantville
Election

Last edited by APhiLife; 08-14-2015 at 06:06 PM.