View Single Post
Old 10-17-2007, 07:45 AM

Back when the bubblegum pop scene was big, there were rumors constantly floating around UCF that Britney, Christina and Mandy were going to be attending school there and rushing. Orlando was the center of that pop scene so it made sense. I guess that's how the rumors got started in the first place. You wouldn't believe the things the sororities would say to each other. "Christina will join our sorority because we're the party girls", "Mandy will join our sorority because we're the good-girls", "Britney will join our sorority because we're the fun, athletic girls". I remember hearing a few of my sisters discussing how they'd handle the security issues should one of them join our chapter. Of course, this was all circa 2000 through 2002 so it was before a lot of the recent incidents but these girls were still highly sought after. Maybe our nationals would have told us differently had these girls actually gone through recruitment but, at the time, all the sororities on campus were discussing amongst themselves how they'd convince these girls that their chapter was the best for them.

As an alum, I can look back and be grateful that none of them (well, except for Mandy) went to UCF nor went through recruitment. It would have been a huge risk management issue to have them in our chapters. I think many collegiate members feel differently, though. Could you imagine the prestige and the popularity that would have come along with bidding the 2000 Britney??? The collegiate members don't see the potential drawbacks that could occur. I know a lot of us are saying that we wouldn't want a girl like Paris or Britney in our chapters but that's because most of us are wise alum. I know that I felt differently back when I was 19/20 years old.

Last edited by ZTAngel; 10-17-2007 at 07:51 AM.