View Single Post
Old 11-29-2020, 09:54 PM
GreekChat Member

So I do the one day class. I traveled 45 minutes away to a "centralized" location and came in with like 90 or so men? I can't remember how many it was, but it was a lot.

It is true that there was no memorization involved, and that was a relief. I just don't have that in me.

There were no other redeeming qualities. I literally paid my money, then IMMEDIATELY was nickeled and dimed for extra things to buy that day that were necessary for the ceremony. Why wouldn't they just add that onto the fee? And who the heck carries a checkbook in 2019? (Apparently everyone in the room but me.)

The ceremony was not carried out with a level of care that I would have expected.

And when it was over, there was no sense of welcome. No sense of celebration. Just "Okay, you're in. Well, goodbye."

I was later to be assigned to a Blue Lodge. First they tried to assign me to one that would have taken twice as long to get to as the closest one.

Then when I got to the close one, they were "nice." Like, Into the Woods "nice."

"You're not good, you're not bad, you're just nice."

That meeting lasted until 10:30pm--at which time they served dinner. I went home. I never came back.

I tried to volunteer to do things virtually/remotely--things they needed done, like website, social media, or even just administrative things related to community service. They gave me nothing to do. Instead, they harped on how much I didn't know ritualistically. Yet, when I asked for a mentor, they gave me no one.

I haven't heard from them since I left town and I'm laregly glad about it.

I felt like the victim of a masonic fundraiser, at the end of the day.