View Single Post
Old 01-14-2010, 12:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AXOmom View Post
ADPiTigergurl-

It probably depends on what you buy and where. I went with my daughter to a chain craft store to get one for her big (she was home for the weekend). We bought what looked like a bread board to use as a paddle and then some paint, ribbon, letters, sparkles, etc. Total cost was around $20.

Trideltlifee -
There is another thread on paddles somewhere on here (sorry, don't have the energy to look it up and link it), that shows some really pretty examples of paddles.
I actually never thought about the price depending on where you buy them. SHe purchased hers at the off campus book store...the paddle ran her about 40 then each letter was 3. Shes an alpha gam so 9 bucks for letter, then she got paint, ribbon, and faux pearls at the craft store ( i wasn't there for this purchase so Im not sure how much it was). Her paddle cost her about atleast 50 dollars plus tax (almost 10% here) and we looked around and this was the "cheapest" we could find them. And my other friends that made them said theirs were around that price. However we don't go to a huge greek school, so fnding anything greek related anywhere not near campus is very difficult if not impossible.