View Single Post
Old 09-21-2005, 10:37 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by xplpx16
Conformity is dead.
Sadly, it is alive and well. I can tell you that if you work at any Orlando park, you will have to take out your piercings and cover up your body art, no matter what. These are family-oriented parks and all employees must project a standard image. When I worked for one of the parks, there were standards for men and women whether you worked in the park or in the professional offices-- men's hair had to be kept at a standard length, no earrings. Women were not allowed to wear open toed shoes, you were limited on how much jewlery was permitted (one ring per hand; your wedding set would count as one ring for your left hand of course), etc.

I agree with RedRose--- you'd be better suited to getting a radio internship locally. Also, get a student membership to a professional society-- go to their luncheons and functions to meet people in the industry-- personal connections are the best way to get a job. Good luck!