View Single Post
Old 08-12-2012, 02:12 AM
GreekChat Member

My University of Alabama 2012 Rush Story :)

I am an out of state girl really excited about the whole rush process! I will update everyday of how it went

2012 Alabama Rush

Day 1: Ice Water Teas
Weather was very decent today, a little humid (which means my hair got a little frizzy ). I think I had a great first day, and I got to meet many amazing young women from every sorority I visited. Today, I visited 8 sororities out of 16. I will visit the other 8 tomorrow. To keep the name of the sorority secret, I will name a country in place of the sorority name. For example, I would use Genovia (The made up country used in Princess Diaries) for Delta Nu (which is the made up sorority Elle Woods is a member of in Legally blonde )
Germany- This was my first house. I really enjoyed talking to the girls. They seemed very well rounded and I enjoyed the short twenty minutes I was in this house. I would certainly want to come back. The only bad thing was the room where we spoke to the girls was very small, so it was very hard to hear and understand what was being said sometimes.
Canada- I loved this house. The girl who picked me up at the door stayed with me almost the entire time, and then was replaced by a sister who was from a city not far from me. They seemed very interested in what I had to say, and I felt very comfortable there. I want to learn more about this house!
France- I really enjoyed how all the girls had the same color dress, but different style. That showed me that they are all united as one house, but have their own style and personality. I loved how the girl who picked me up had a conversation about her sorority, rather than the questions that I was asked a million times a day such as “Where are you from?” and “Why did you choose Alabama?” I would certainly want to come back
England- I really enjoyed their door song! I thought it was cute. One of the girls who spoke to me said she remembered me from Preview Day, even though I didn’t exactly remember her. I got a very calm and “chill” vibe from this house, in which I really enjoyed. Unfortunately, something didn’t exactly click. I felt more like a guest in the house. I don’t think I would come back to this house
Spain- This was by far my favorite house of the day. Their door song was so cool, and I felt so welcomed the moment I walked in. The girl who picked me up kept the conversation well, and she seemed like she was focused on me and not what else was going on the room. At one point, I had this girl along with two other sisters talking to me at the same time. I felt like I could easily belong in this house. I have their goodbye door song stuck in my head at the moment. I would certainly want to come back to this house!
China- This house was my least favorite. I enjoyed the energy of the welcome when the Judicial Board member said “GO!” to start the twenty minute time frame. The girl who picked me up bounced me to another sister, then to another, and then to the third sister, in which I finally had a good conversation with. They ended the conversation awkwardly, and then the next sister would ask the same question the previous one asked you. It was a little annoying. I don’t think I would like to return to this house.
Australia- I was presently surprised by this house. When they opened the door, I thought this house would be too preppy for me. I was proved wrong quickly! I LOVED how they took us through a mini tour of the house. Seeing where they actually sleep and hang out gave me a good picture, and allowed me to see myself being in this house. The girl who I picked me up at the door was very nice, we had a lot of common interests. It wasn’t too loud. I loved this house and I would want to come back again!
Mexico- This was my last house of the day. I was a little tired, but I kept my smile on my face and I kept going. I got a good vibe from this house, but it didn’t really stand out. I had a nice conversation with a few of the sisters, but it wasn’t anything super special. I would give this house a second chance.

After seeing 8 houses my ranking in the first 8 is:
Spain
Canada
Australia
France
Mexico
England
China

More on the other 8 Ice Water Teas tomorrow!