View Single Post
Old 03-08-2013, 01:42 AM
Super Moderator

Ok, so this is what's on Laurens FB & she left this on her public profile. Oh and apparently the complaint is availible online. Still searching for it.

"[Name] because it's not about grad chapter. Let me outline this for you.
My mom pledged Alpha Chapter at Howard University so all of my life this is where I knew I wanted to pledge. I get here, there's a line my freshman year (freshman can't pledge at Howard) my sophomore and junior year they are suspended from having lines because of hazing people. Finally, as a senior, my FIRST and LAST opportunity arises and I'm told AFTER submitting my application that senior legacies aren't being considered and sophomores and juniors who will have more opportunities are getting priority. To add insult to injury the ONLY reason senior legacies were not considered is because of an unauthorized legacy cap that didn't allow for senior legacies to even be considered. This cap came during the hiatus of no lines. I appreciate your concern and that your inquisitive enough to seek the truth. So as I said, it's not about grad chapter. It's about blocking people from having an opportunity just because they are seniors (beyond my control) and legacy (also beyond my control)."

Her AKA (different school) friends response
--"but private organizations have the opportunity to choose who they invite for membership. Just like Jack and Jill. There are PLENTY of mothers who want their children in jack and jill, but its a private organization that invites people into membership. it is NO ONE'S absolute right, legacy or not, to be an AKA. Patience probably would have served you better. Being a member of Alpha Kappa Alpha is about being in close connection with other women. Trying to force them to accept you completely perverts the sisterhood aspect of it and you would probably never get out of it what the vast majority of us do."