View Single Post
Old 09-05-2013, 05:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deanon View Post
What my sorority did last semester was require sisters with lower GPA's to schedule one-on-one study sessions with one of the eboard members. (We're a tiny local sorority, which I'm sure is the only reason why that worked.) As an eboard member, though, that was a huge hassle. What kind of rewards and incentives have you guys done for high GPA's and good performance on exams?

Also, we currently have a sister on academic probation and we're not really sure how to help her. Anyone have any ideas?
That seems really unreasonable for your executive board. They're supposed to be leaders in the chapter, not babysitters.

Your "scholarship" or similar person should set up a study plan with her, with goals. They together (your scholarship person and the sister on probation) should go through all her courses, come up with a study plan that works for each of them based on the assignments for the syllabi (so that she's not freaking out over everything being due at once). Then they should meet monthly to go over progress. A lot of times when a sister is bombing LOTS of courses, it's a case of poor time management, rather than her not being able to hack it intellectually.