Thread: pan-hel vs. non
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2002, 12:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to enlightenment06
DeltaSigStan

Hold up DeltaSigStan, don't go throwing value judgements at other people's organizations. If the ethnic or multicultural greeks aren't running a tight ship, then they need to work some things out, but like FuzzieAlum said not everyone operates top notch.

My fraternity IS a REAL fraternity, founded only seven years after yours. I wonder what Bro. Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. would say if he were here and knew that you insinuated that our fraternity is not real or has less value than traditionally white ones.

It seems very obvious to me that you do not understand the origins and purposes of ethnic and/or multicultural greek organizations.

Might I suggest you check out the book "The Divine Nine" by Lawrence C. Ross, Jr. Also check out www.latinogreeks.com. If anyone knows of any other good resources I'm interested in knowing them myself.

Since I became active on greekchat I've endeavored to find out as much as possible about NPC and NIC organizations. I've learned that some different ogranizations from white greeks to latino greeks to black greek to multicultural greeks have entirely different philosophies and the misunderstandings of our fundamental differences is what leads to bashing. As SapphireSweetie said, all of differences must be respected. Our two organizations may be as different as night and day, but that doesn't make either one any less greek than the other. That's my $.06 cents.