View Single Post
Old 11-13-2018, 10:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by naraht View Post
Given that there actually is an NPC system there, the chance of the administration rejecting Gamma Sigma Sigma is microscopically small. To flip it, the assumption from APO staffers is that any school with a recognized IFC that isn't in complete chaos will allow Alpha Phi Omega.

However one question is would the OP be ok with Mister Sisters (GSS having no Title IX exemption)
APO is not housed under Fraternity and Sorority Life at Ole Miss (nor was it at Clemson). It's just another registered student organization that happens to have Greek letters. I presume Gamma Sigma Sigma or any other co-ed service group would be treated the same way there.

I'll also add that at Clemson Gamma Sigma Sigma was comprised entirely of female-identifying students even though they have no single-gender Title IX exemption. I don't know if they accomplished this exclusively through marketing themselves as an organization for women or through some other means, but some groups look different in practice than on paper.