View Single Post
Old 10-10-2011, 02:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucgreek View Post
I don't know how your recruitment works, but what's stopping chapters from going out and meeting guys during the freshman move-in? Or eating in the dining halls? In my experience, actually meeting and becoming friends with freshman that first week is incredibly effective for rush. If there's no IFC regulation against it, I'd encourage chapters to do that and move to an informal recruitment.

I don't know your school, but since you have high out-of-state enrollment numbers, is summer rush really going to be effective or a realistic possibility for all chapters?
We do some of that but we could always do a much better job. I think part of the problem is we're too relaxed; "rush isn't until Labor Day... cool we'll procrastinate!". It's hard to keep the energy up for 4 weeks of recruitment, and difficult for small chapters to afford that many weeks. And then you also have the guys that are locked just waiting for four weeks (or worse being talked out of it by their independent friends).