Thread: Badge Trends?
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2014, 10:58 AM
Super Moderator

For those who didn't click on the link MysticCat provided, this is a post by CougADPi, an alumna of Washington State University:

"I know I am really late on this, but here is my two cents: I am alum of Upsilon Chapter. On the crest on our charter there is a dragon, not a unicorn or a lion (it also says Alpha Delta Phi ). We were told that each other original 20 chapters or so each had a different mascot on their crest. This was before the organization had an official mascot and they were "trying out" their various options. We were always very proud of our charter because we do not know of any other ADPI chapters that have a dragon!"

If she's right, and I believe that she would not lie, there was a time of testing the waters, of seeing what has been used and what hasn't been in use at the time. Communications were much slower, and obviously, Beta Chapter (which was only on campus for three years, prior to sororities being banned in 1909) may not have gotten the memo about sorority v. fraternity.