View Single Post
Old 05-05-2005, 09:37 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: Long-distance information, give me Memphis, Tennessee!
Smile Trying to give advice to my little sister

How weird! They're not supposed to wear black to Pref Night? I thought everyone did that.

Also, I am confused now... my sister is graduating from high school and attending Alabama in the fall (my SDT reply was just myself being curious.. or nosy sorry girls), and she will be going through recruitment.

Any Alabamians out there with advice as to what I should tell her to wear? Has the new dress code been stressed within your chapters? I don't mean to sound rude, but in general, do you think there will be extra cutting (due to attire) towards girls who underdress according to the new guidelines, or towards the opposite? (I go to a small school, so recruitment is very different.)

PS - Should she contact a local Panhellenic Alumnae Association to ask them to write recommendations for her? She has two aunts who are members of NPCs that are at Alabama who can write to those, but for the others, is that the right way to go?

Sorry to sound like such a newby... recruitment is a whole different process at a big school like Alabama!

Thanks, and lots of love!