View Single Post
Old 04-24-2003, 04:20 PM
GreekChat Member

I think it is also important to note that the reason collegiate dues are so high is because:
1) insurance-we all know that premiums are insane for greek groups.
2) collegiates are the ones who reap the maximum benefits of the national organization; convention, mailings, publications, manuals, loans, etc.
And those are just two reasons.

It may be difficult to understand, as a collegiate why someone would want to join an organization after collegiate years, but from what I've seen alum initiates are the most active. We even have an alum initiate on our executive council. In their defense, I read the post and these ladies were quite civil and helpful.

My best advice to new greek chatters is to read your post carefully because sometimes the way we intended something with the way we would read and say things and the way it appears in print does not exactly correspond. I understand that you were trying to present your view, but I'm sure that we could turn this into a civilized discussion of why alumnae initiation exists, rather than attack each other because we may not understand each others different views.