View Single Post
Old 10-11-2019, 04:12 PM
GreekChat Member

And we wonder why high school and college kids are so stressed out, depressed, hurting themselves, abusing drugs, etc. today? They make one stupid mistake and everyone is ready to ruin their lives and the lives of everyone they associate with.

I do not understand why when one person makes a stupid comment or does something stupid the current standard is now to condemn or eliminate the entire chapter or organization. Somehow I missed the memo that went out where we went from thinking college was a time for young adults to grow up and learn how to be mature adults to expecting perfection in everything they say or do from the minute their feet hit the campus.

I'm thankful my sisters and advisors operated in a kinder world where we were allowed to try, fail, and learn. We admonished plenty of sisters to grow up in different ways, sometimes in serious ways, but we never thought that the answer was to destroy them. That's not love. That's abuse.

It's a sick world the virtue signaling left wants us to live in.

My recruitment story: My sorority membership changed my life.