View Single Post
Old 02-01-2002, 09:45 AM
GreekChat Member

Talking Roll Call

My name is Erin Langabee.

Initiated:1999 (after being the longest new member ever- almost a year- grades problems- it was the year they inceased minimum to 2.2)

Chapter: Theta Sigma- Valdosta State University

I am now alum as of Fall 2001 because a got married in November. I love it!! I am Philanthropy chair.

Nina is one of my chapter sisters. And, she is in several of my classes. It is nice to have your sisters in your classes so you have someone to gossip to about the other sorority girls in our classes. FYI: this campus is SO EXTREMLY competitive. No one likes anyone else. It's sad.

Why I chose Alpha Gam: My brother is a Sigma Chi and told me not to go through rush my freshman year so that I could find out what they were all about. I met an Alpha Gam in one of my classes and we instantly hit it off. I knew I wanted to be a part of whatever she was. She invited me to go hang out with some of he sisters but I didn't realize it was a COB. I had a great time. They eventtulally gave me a bid. It took them a while because they were a new chapter and didn't understand how things worked. None the less, I made it in and eventually bacame VPCR, Campus Realtions, and Ritual (which was probably my favorite because I cherish it so much).

I have so many favorite moments it is hard to narrow it down. One of my favorites was probably at my wedding when my sisters sang to me. A lot showed up which let me know how much they cared. Maybe they just showed up for the open bar, hehe!!!

Anyways, sorry so long. I am glad I am getting to know my sisters in other parts of the world besides V-town!!!!!!!!!

LIEP,
Erin