View Single Post
Old 05-30-2011, 02:16 AM
GreekChat Member

I know two sisters who have done it with no problem, but the process depends somewhat which school you are transferring to. The girls I know who transferred contacted the chapter at their new school soon after deciding to transfer to ask them how they dealt with transfers. In both cases the sisters met with the transfer at the beginning of the year, then decided as a group whether or not she would be allowed to affiliate as an active member. Both girls affiliated, but if the chapter chooses not to allow you to affiliate, it is my understanding that you wil be granted alumna status and will not be a part of chapter operations at your new university. You can also choose to take alumna status and not affiliate if you don't think you would fit in with the chapter there.

If your new chapter is housed you may want to inquire about whether there is housing available for you. I only know one sister who transferred to a chapter where most sisters lived in the house, and in her case she needed to wait a year before a room opened up for her.

If necessary, you can also contact KKG headquarters for more info since it might be hard to get a response from anyone in the chapter over the summer. Good luck!