Thread: returning pnm
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2017, 06:54 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinepnm View Post
hello! I decided to rush at my school (unr), as a freshman. My school uses a computer based system and pretty much the computer has been known to withdraw girls at random. this happened to me. I was so nervous to rush but became so excited. This experience completely changed how I envisioned how my college experience would go and honestly I feel as if no sorority wanted me. I had great connections with all the girls I met. I am going into my sophomore year and decided to go through recruitment again. Should i ask for letters of recommendations? also what can I do to really stand out and get a bid from any house? I want to be apart of sorority and i don't want anything on my part be the reason no house will accept me.
So is it the computer's fault, or did the sororities not want you?

Stop blaming this on everyone and everything else. You didn't get a bid. It sucks. You don't know why. Put the past behind you and look toward this upcoming recruitment.

Work on your conversation skills. Even if you feel like you connected with the sorority members, practice! Get your outfits in order. And do your research. Find out if recs are required or strongly encouraged at your school. And if they are, start tracking them down.. fast. Check out this thread first: http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/sh...d.php?t=112718

Also, as an FYI: it's "a part" of a sorority. If you wanted to be "apart", then you'd want to be separated from them.

@~/~~~~