View Single Post
Old 12-28-2009, 08:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApplePiePhi View Post
This is true - I did not mean any harm . . .
I'm more than glad to take you at your word, especially if AOIIAngel is satisfied.

But I do need to respond to this:
Quote:
And just because I had mentioned before because it was brought up by someone who knew the history of another local at Carleton that had split off from AOII (and asked if we too came from the same circumstances, which I will not deny when asked, which included when we are asked about it from our pledges but not much detail at all is given) does not mean that in turn on this particular board did I denounce them and how "classy" they are - I didn't involve any particular organization, only that we happen to be one of the few . . . and to connect things I've said throughout other posts and try to relate them to each other is just another way of trying to put words in my mouth, which is unappreciated.
I don't think it's putting words in your mouth at all. It's understaning what you've said in one place in the context of what you've said in other places, something that happens at GC and in real life all the time, every day. I completely accept that you didn't mean to suggest anything condescending about your former sorority. But do you really not see how what you said could easily be taken that way?