View Single Post
Old 04-20-2008, 11:26 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky SC View Post
People go to schools like Alabama and go greek not because of the education at that school, but because generations and generations have, most of the people have been bred that they will do the same thing from a child.
Animals are bred. People are reared.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky SC View Post
And to me the most important part of the whole thing is the social aspect, i mean as much as you would like to believe that (for example) a Sigma Chi is going to help out any other Sigma Chi around the country, that just aint gonna happen. You aren't going to hire someone based off of their fraternal background rather then job qualification. I think people put a little bit too much emphasis on the "perks" of going greek. It's overwhelmingly a social thing, you get a lot of driven people in them who do a lot on campus because that is the type of people they attract, driven people will strive for excellence no matter what and sign up for lots of stuff. No matter how strong your greek system is, its not gonna shape out the leaders of America, its kids in college having a good time, class is where that happens.
What personal experience has helped you to arrive at this opinion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nittanyalum View Post
Hey, Lucky, I've usually enjoyed your posts, but I have to say, for someone who's basically only been on the periphery of the greek system so far, you're talking out of your a$$ throughout most of this post.
No kidding.