Thread: Yale Greek Life
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2019, 04:04 PM
GreekChat Member

ROFL. "Frats are dangerous and rapey and should be forced to make themselves safe! Until I want on the party list. Then I don't want any risk management policies getting in my way, because hypocritical reasons."

People have a constitutional right to freely associate with whomever they choose. Fraternities are private organizations with specific goals and limited resources. They aren't obligated or able to entertain everyone's whims, and they aren't simply going to disappear because they're not sufficiently fluffing your ego. I agree with the guy who recommended concentrating on the hard work of developing new groups - it's a lot more difficult than sitting on your ass while you lob bombs at other people's efforts, but it'll actually create the kind of results you claim to seek.

I'm not gonna lie and tell you that I have zero misgivings about fraternity culture, but it's absurd and offensive to even suggest that they don't have right to exist and do things their own way. If you don't like them, don't join them or attend their parties. Do the work to find or create the type of organization or social event you'd like to attend.

I'll also say this: I think women are much safer at the average fraternity party than they are at the average college houseparty.

And this: Haters gonna hate.

Last edited by SigmaCat; 11-01-2019 at 04:08 PM. Reason: CARRIAGE RETURN SPACES OMG