View Single Post
Old 06-06-2007, 03:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AlwaysSAI
It's Fall Semester!!!

I sat around all summer and waited for the recruitment applications to become available. Needless to say, I was the first woman registered (as I later learned from the Greek Advisor).

Finally, it was fall semester! I was thrilled! Recruitment began in early September. So, I had a good 3 weeks to get everything together. I had many pep/prep talks with my sister about what to do, what not to do, what to wear etc. While, I was nervous, I felt really prepared.

Tuesday=Meet our Pi Chi's and our group
Wednesday=Meet & Greet
Thursday=Philanthropy Night
Friday=Skit Night
Saturday=Pref
Sunday=BID DAY

On Tuesday night I went to meet with my Pi Chi's and group. I was in the Omega group. I had a lot of other really pretty girls in my group and a few that I met the semester before at interest parties. We played and icebraker and the Pi Chi's did a fashion show of "What to Wear". Honestly, I had my outfits picked out since July and I was so thrilled about my dress for Pref day. It was stylish, but would also allow me to stand out, with many beautiful pastel colors. I couldn't wait for the rest of the week to continue! I felt like my dream was finally coming true.

Sidenote: I was a sophomore going into recruitment. I had a 3.2 GPA and was VP of my residence hall my freshmen year. I also listed many other campus activities I was involved in on my application. I listed my legacy to Alpha Gam thinking that it would give them confindence that I was at least familiar with Greek life. My sister and I discussed her writing me a rec as a fellow greek, but decided against it. I didn't know I could contact local alumnae for a rec. Had I known, I would have also done that.

Last edited by AlwaysSAI; 06-06-2007 at 03:28 PM.