Thread: Disappointed
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2001, 11:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by hocnsoc81

Justamom, hocnsoc is short for hockey and soccer, the best two sports in the world!

For the rest, whatever she's done in the past just let it go. I am not the only one on my team who wanted to go greek. Four of my teammates wanted to go greek also. Two of the four changed their mind about going greek after visiting this website. When some of the members try to get even with curious/sh80, it appears that they are picking on her instead, to the newcomers (spelling?). No, I am not sh80. However, you are warm. I am a good friend of sh80 in real life, I do know most of the things that went on. I told her to keep hush-hush about it.
Obviously, your good friend sh80 didn't take your hush-hush advice. Otherwise, she wouldn't still be on GC making problems. It takes a lot, and I do mean A LOT, to be banned from this board. However, she's managed to be thrown off twice now for offending quite a number of people. What does that say about your friend, hocnsoc?

No matter how she may be in "real life", it's time to face the fact that she's just not a welcome addition to GC, and also to admit that her insensitive, uncalled for remarks are the problem here -- not the comments of the GCers who are simply fed up with her daily barbs. SH80 cast the first stone on this board. And now she wants to play the innocent victim and act so surprised when she gets some rocks thrown back? Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but things just don't work that way. Mess with the bull and you'll get the horns. SH80 found that out the hard way.

As for your friends... I'm sorry if two of them visited GC and decided to not go Greek because of the replies made to some of SH80's comments. However, if they really think that being Greek is about passively sitting back and taking whatever slurs someone enjoys throwing at them on a regular basis, then that is a serious misconception that needs to be ironed out.

There are scores of other people who have visited this site and decided to Rush solely because of the comments they read on GC. I think we're doing a pretty good job of educating people about Greek Life and we're very open and friendly to those who are honestly here to learn and contribute positively to the board. But for those who are here solely to instigate drama and controversy I for one have absolutely no sympathy. To those people I say, "Good riddance to bad rubbish. Don't let the door hit you where the good Lord split you."