View Single Post
Old 06-09-2022, 04:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Our founders, collectively, are rolling in their graves. andthen I'm going to withhold further judgement because you're reporting talk in your circles and nothing official - yet - correct? If not, *gulp*.

For the love of Mike, PNMs KNOW going into NPC recruitment what the "stakes" are in terms of joining. I daresay it's true for NPHC groups, from what my NPHC friends have shared with me in terms of their values. My own organization was founded on scholarship principles back in 1870. I took pride in my chapter having the highest GPA on my campus.

Big barrier to membership that I see is the financial cost, especially now. Let's discuss that, people in decision-making positions.

OPINION: I predict the demise of the Greek system (as I knew it) in my lifetime. Have had this discussion privately with a variety of NPC women who concur. You can't be all things to all people. Life doesn't work like that.

PS "judgment" is also acceptable spelling. I checked.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity