View Single Post
Old 09-24-2014, 08:32 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PersistentDST View Post
I had an opportunity to volunteer for recruitment this year, and it is certainly an experience! I wanted to thank all of you ladies (and gentlemen) with giving me a lot of great information about the terms/process/etc. I assisted with handing out and organizing MRABA's on Pref Day and helped/observed on Bid Day.

Just a few random observations:

3. I know this is an NPHC person talking, but I wish that the first shirts given to the new girls were in the official sorority colors. One chapter did wear shirts in their colors with their letters on the front and a cute saying on the back, but 3 of the other chapters all had shirts in the same colors/styles. From where the PNM's were standing, they couldn't see the letters on the tops, so if a member wasn't holding their letters/signs high it caused confusion! A couple of young ladies started to run "home" in the wrong direction! ....

I took photos at Bid Day at San Francisco State this past Monday. There are only 3 NPC houses but I thought it was interesting that they all wore white shirts with designs. I know the difference but someone looking at the images who doesn't know theta from kappa wouldn't know. The rest of campus passing by the festivities made comments ( the usual 'What is this, oh sorority girls' etc.) regarding not being able to tell them apart. All you could see was one white blob of young women (photo nightmare on a sunny day!) with flowers in their hair.