View Single Post
Old 10-30-2001, 10:37 PM

Well, let's see....the Nightmare Pretty Girl story brought this one up from the memory banks!!!!

I can't remember if it was my last rush or not, it was either '92 or '93. There was this really pretty girl hanging around the Delt house the weeks before rush. She was very eye-catching....long, platinum blonde hair, very pretty face, tan, really cute trendy clothes (a little too trendy for preppy old Kent actually but she was so pretty no one cared.) Anyway she seemed pretty cool so those of us who hung out at the Delt house decided to try and chat her up before rush started and we weren't allowed to talk to her anymore. Well, after I beat the swarm of Alpha Phis off her with my boyfriend's baseball bat (just kidding) I approached her with a couple of my friends and she turned this DAZZLING smile on me and said "Oh, you're a Chi Omega? I LOVE Chi Omega!!!!" And the conversation basically laid out the fact that she was only interested in us.

Well come rush, she breezes in first party and everyone loves her. She looks so cute and really stands out, and she is very easy to talk to. We keep her. THEN the stories start to circulate.

According to an Alpha Phi PX, the girl had this unusual nametag on (rushees made their own) with two faces on it. When her APhi rusher commented on it, she replied that it represented her two separate personalities. HUH??? The chick openly admits she has a split personality??????

So we go ahead and have her back, and we find out APhi did too....so we start thinking that it was just a dirty ploy on their part to get us to drop her and lessen the competition. Well then the story comes out from the DG rho chi....at the APhi party, she refused to leave. She was supposed to go to DZ next and she told them she had no interest in DZ and wasn't going to go there. She walked right back into the Phi house and said she was just going to hang out with them again. ??!!!!!!

Considering that APhi and DG are our two major competitors, we thought maybe the whole thing was still a conspiracy because supposedly she wanted us the whole time. So....we invite her back again!!!!! She kept going on about how she loved Chi O and was so happy there and how she loved me and Cat and Lori (we were "top rushers" who kept getting assigned to her) etc. We thought things were going great, and then there was a buzz from one of the OTHER chapters about her, something about her running her mouth at one of the parties and saying "I'm going to be an Alpha Phi or a Chi Omega." Well we went ahead and invited her to pref....but what we didn't know until it was too late was that WE WERE THE ONLY ONES TO EVEN BRING HER BACK FOR THIRD!!!!! Apparently the APB about "Psycho ______" was heeded by all but us. Now she's back for preference and we have to grin and pretend everything is ok, and she's all emotional and sure she is about to be a sister, when all the time we know that we aren't going to extend her a bid. YIKES. It was pretty ugly when her PX had to call her and tell her not to bother going to bid day because she didn't get a bid. She refused to talk to any of my sisters after that....I ran into her one day and I got her to sit down and talk to me about it and I asked her point blank about the incidents. She of course had a logical explanation for everything.....it made me wonder. But years later I got a job at a major insurance carrier and guess who was working there.....you got it!!!! She caused a lot of trouble there too. I guess it really was her, not us.

The other funny thing is the story I mentioned in another thread, where I had a carload of rushees and was taking them to another house when one of my sisters rearended me. I had way too many girls in my car and half of them got thrown into the front seat. I jumped out to check the damage as my car was brand new then, and luckily there was only a tiny scratch....I wanted to kill Christine but of course I had to be all sisterly for the rushees. Then one time two girls hit head-on....we don't have a specific sorority row, the houses are kind of spread all over Kent. But there is a tiny little road that leads to a cul-de-sac called Fraternity Circle. The road curves very sharply so you can't see what is coming....the Alpha Phi, DZ and DG houses are back there and this APhi comes barreling in around the corner and BOOM right into some DG girl.....yikes!!!! (Nobody got hurt but I think all the rushees they had in their cars dropped them!!!!)