View Single Post
Old 03-09-2017, 05:39 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilTau View Post
The facts behind all this have not been disclosed. So these moms have a right to be pissed off. Keep in mind that several years of membership in this organization represents a significant financial investment totaling thousands of dollars-- dues, initiation fees, house charges, fines, assessments, clothes, etc. At the very least, they deserve from the national organization an accurate explanation of what happened. The people most damaged are the newest members, who joined without knowing that the chapter was about to end.
From an alumni-adviser's standpoint, you couldn't be more wrong. I've not yet had a member's parent contact me regarding anything. The only time I've had direct contact with parents was a few years back when we had an active member pass away.

Chapter members are likely completely aware of why their chapter was shut down. There was probably some sort of process and notification as to what facts the organization was relying on to shutter the chapter.. or there might not have been and it's no one's business but the members of the organization.

If my job description included dealing with parents, they'd have to give me a salary to do it.
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma