View Single Post
Old 08-31-2016, 11:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to DGTess
Quote:
Originally Posted by greekgreek View Post
I am not sure if this has been asked before, but I couldn't find any information about it. I was initiated to a sorority 3 years ago as a sophomore at my university and soon after I became inactive and dropped. I did that because it was a bad experience and I was lied to about things the sorority had and was going to do. Now that I have graduated I want to be able to join another sorority as alumnae. I know once you have initiated one you can not join another but I have read a lot of posts from previous years where people have seen it happen so it is possible. The president at the time of my chapter even said it was possible but wouldn't give me more information. I really want to join another one because I want the lifelong friendships and I love community and philanthropy. The one I was in does not do much and the fact that I was lied to makes me not want to ever be a part of it. Please, can someone help me and give me some advice.
You want it from the horse's mouth? Read here, Item III1..

Yes, you can join another. NOT, however, an NPC.

Why another would want someone who is in it for what she can get rather than what she can share is not something I understand, but I'm not involved in their membership selections either. I suppose it could happen.