View Single Post
Old 08-26-2009, 10:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticCat View Post
Careful there please. Do you really need to lump people with OCD and ADHD in with ex-addicts and ex-cons? I know some people with ADHD and even OCD who really are winners -- I'm kin to some of them. One of them's wife would tell you she's the winner.
MC, No, no, not lumping them in...it's just more to add to the host of issues the guy already has, that my SIL doesn't want to deal with yet complains about constantly. If you had a daughter (which I don't remember if you do, but I remember you mentioning a son? Maybe I'm crazy) would you question her choice of marrying a guy who has no career prospects(he currently makes minimum wage), that was an ex-addict, was emotionally abusive to her, whose family has a history of mental illness, ex-con/addict, etc...? And she wants to make kids with said guy and thinks she's going to be a stay at home mom?

I know it's her choice, but she continually complains about how unhappy she is...duh, tell him to get out of your house and not come back or suck it up and deal with the choice you made. I guess I just don't get it.