View Single Post
Old 08-09-2003, 03:06 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to polarpi
Danielle,
Thanks for starting this thread! After examining the different sororities national websites, I realized that I really didn't know much of anything about most of the NPC sororities (besides the ones that were on my campus). This is what I've come to learn about the sororities:

Alpha Chi Omega-Having a special day (Hera Day) to do service projects and help others is a wonderful idea!

Alpha Delta Pi- As this is my sorority, I won't comment on everything I love about it!

Alpha Epsilon Phi- I love their open motto: Many hearts, one purpose

Alpha Gamma Delta- I love the idea of rose sisters (alumnae in areas with no organized Alpha Gamma Delta chapter or club)

Alpha Omicron Pi- I love the tradition of the draping of the badge for sisters who have passed away as a sign of mourning.

Alpha Phi- The first organization to use traveling delegates (consultants for other sororities)...thank you so much for starting this!!!

Alpha Sigma Alpha- I love the four exemplars whose lives personify the ideals of the sorority

Alpha Sigma Tau- I love the philanthropy of Pine Mountain Settlement School...not something that is known by everyone, but such an important place!

Alpha Xi Delta- I love how each chapter has the flexibility to look in their community and decide how they can best benefit kids

Chi Omega- I think it is so awesome that they had a male founder! It's not something I would have ever thought happened

Delta Delta Delta- I love the program they sponsor (along with Alpha Chi Omega) called Kristin's Story....an important topic that needs to be addressed with collegians

Delta Gamma- I love that during World War I they helped fund a Belgian orphanage and opened the Delta Gamma House for Children in Holland

Delta Phi Epsilon- I love the idea behind the PEARL program, where they have experiences in five areas: sisterhood, scholarship, service, social, and self

Delta Zeta- I love the fact that they have so much pride in their badge, that nationals has said (on their website) that if a bbadge is found on ebay or anywhere like that, if the member buys it and sends the badge with the receipt they will be reimbursed (not that I care about the money, but I think it would be wonderful if other sororities did the same thing)

Gamma Phi Beta- The chapter at my university was so proud to be Gamma Phi Beta's that they would go out regularly and "chalk" the campus with spirited messages, so EVERYONE saw them when walking to class

Kappa Alpha Theta- I love how their mission statement includes yesterday, today, and tomorrow...a true vision of involvement within a sorority

Kappa Delta- The KD's at my university were the sweetest women on campus...no one had a problem with them and they were proud to wear their letters around campus and eat together as a large group

Kappa Kappa Gamma- The KKG's at my campus were very involved in many organizations such as student government and other student organizations.

Phi Mu- I love that they were founded at the same university as ADPi...those Georgian girls sure knew how to start some wonderful groups!

Phi Sigma Sigma- I love that they were the first to be open to diverse membership with no biases.

Pi Beta Phi- These were the most enthusiastic and energetic group on my campus! They were the first to volunteer for other organizations philanthropies, and were usually the loudest cheerers when getting ready for recruitment rounds to begin

Sigma Delta Tau- I love that their philanthropy is Prevent Child Abuse America...a very important issue and one that deserves recognition

Sigma Kappa - I love that we share our official flower...the violet!

Sigma Sigma Sigma- I love the tradition of the doll collection, where a new chapter at installation will dress a doll in the fashion of the year that it was installed.

Theta Phi Alpha - I love how their symbol is the compass...a true representation of the paths we take after college.

Zeta Tau Alpha- I love how there is a chain link of all the chapters...what a neat tradition!

This is something that I want to remember always...to admire the other organizations that are a part of the NPC....each sorority is important and has much to offer to the world of sororities on college campuses.