View Single Post
Old 11-03-2014, 10:15 PM
GreekChat Member

A new future alumnae initiate!

Hello guys! I just wanted to pop in here and talk about my alumnae initiation story! I haven't posted it as i went along because I'm a touch superstitious and didn't want to jinx it.

My background: I'm *mumblemumble* years old, soon to be married woman without kids at the moment. I attended university, but stepped away from it after realizing I didn't actually like my major but I still had no idea what I wanted to do when I grew up. I rushed in college, but it did not work out despite being a legacy. It was probably a good thing, because I was so painfully awkward and my school is known nationally for its party atmosphere. Greek Life would not have been kind to me, knowing what I know now both about myself and about the Greek community at my university.

One of my bridesmaids joined her sorority in college, and it piqued my interest. The cohesiveness of her chapter and their dedication to philanthropy inspired me, more than my prior experiences with various NPC groups had. Frankly I had not even heard of this particular org prior to my friend joining, so I was able to learn more about them with no prejudices or rumors to cloud my mind. I decided to pursue AI. I had long felt like I missed out on being Greek in college, and knew that that ship had sailed, but I felt I could offer a lot as an alumna. My lovely friend agreed to sponsor me, and tonight I had my conference call with nationals that smoothed out the path for the beginning of my new member education!

I could tell you who the organization is...but what kind of recruitment thread would this be without a little suspense, eh?

So, I'll start with some hints...tomorrow.