View Single Post
Old 06-21-2007, 08:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
Okay, prefs. I wore a red cocktail dress with big black flowers, and black platform shoes. I am tall to begin with, so I was easily over 6 feet.

Marvels. I was introduced to a girl who lived near me, and knew a lot of people from high school. She was really shy and nervous, but I got a really good feeling anyway, and I was happy that so many people stopped by to say hello, either girls I had met previously, or girls who told me they had heard good things and wanted to say hello. Once we got food, we were talking with another rushee and active, and I knew the rushee, and she didn't shut up the whole time, so that part sucked.

Ripplers. They did something where they stood in a circle and the rushees were on the outside, and they told stories and there was lots of crying. It was too much like it looked -- rushees on the outside of things. The girls were nice, but I just didn't get the good feeling I had elsewhere.

Ice Pearls. I was shocked that I had a rusher that I didn't know, because there were so many girls in this house who did know me. She laid it on thick, and dropped a lot of names, but nobody came by to say hello. Annoying rushee from the Marvels party spotted me and said something about how I was following her They sang "True Colors" and it was really, really well done.

So back to the union to sign pref cards. I spent about five minutes writing it out, and signed:

Marvels
Ice Pearls

My RC asked if I was sure I didn't want Ripplers, and I said I was sure.

____________________________(time passes)_______________________

A few hours later, I ran into my rusher from Marvels at the bar (KAMS!), and, in the spirit of strict silence, walked right up to her and asked if I was getting a bid. She stumbled out some reply, actually telling me that she scored me as high as she could, but she doesn't make the final decision (I guess I had it in my head that each round, your rusher decides if she wants you to get an invite for the next round). I didn't want to get in trouble, so after that, I left her alone and went back to drinking my O'n'O, the freshman girl drink of choice for 1999.

Last edited by DeltaBetaBaby; 06-21-2007 at 08:07 PM. Reason: ETA the bar scene