View Single Post
Old 05-02-2012, 02:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psi U MC Vito View Post
In my chapter we spread out the process. Two rounds of nomination, then on the third meeting we would have all the canidates make a speech and then vote. It could sometimes take a while because we have a trickle down system, and once a year we have the votes for the E-board which is six people in addition to the other 6? committee chairs.
We also do two rounds of nominations. I forgot to mention that since I didn't really think about it. You are also able to nominate candidates day of. We also allow "waterfalling." That is, if you lose the position you're running for, you can "waterfall" down to the next position and run for that until you win (or ultimately lose) a position.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
Our undergraduate brothers are allowed to write their chapters' bylaws however they wish in order to hold elections in the best way for their own chapter. My chapters rules change several times a year. Some good ideas are incorporated, some bad. I can't complain about the results though. I don't think slating is a great idea. At least not for us. Democracy increases buy-in.
We have a guideline that HQ lays out for us, but we are allowed a lot of freedom, too, with the writing of our own chapter bylaws.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senusret I View Post
I want to add that I think open discussions are a terrible idea and I hate them.
I hate open discussions with a fiery passion that burns brighter than a thousand suns.