View Single Post
Old 08-13-2005, 01:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by AOIIBrandi

As I am an alum from Georgia Southern I would love to read any updates that can be given
Yeah, me too!! My older sister was a member of ADPi's very first pledge class after colonization (1968), and her picture is on the first composite, which now hangs in the foyer of ADPi's very beautiful Southern-style chapter home. I was a member of the third pledge class in 1971. To be in on the beginnings of such a fine chapter is more gratifying than can be put into words. We originally started in lodges built especially for us, which were very beautiful in themselves, but small-had a chapter room and kitchen downstairs, and officers' bedrooms upstairs. All the sorority lodges were in a row at that time-ADPi, ZTA, KD, Panhellenic office in the middle, then Phi Mu, DZ, and AZDelta. So to see the existence of Greek Row now at Southern is especially gratifying. (Fraternity houses were in various places around town, if indeed, the fraternity had one at all.) And, back to rush-bid day is tomorrow, and I can't wait to find out where (hopefully!) three girls pledged!