Thread: Ghetto Funerals
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2006, 09:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to mulattogyrl Send a message via Yahoo to mulattogyrl
Quote:
Originally posted by tld221
i live a block away from a funeral home, and since i live in the hood, lemme share a story or two.

1. first of all, this is how you know i live in the hood--the funeral home is across the street from a supermarket, a 99cent store and a liquor store. the liquor store, for some reason, has a parking lot. so one day, i guess a funeral had just gotten out, and tell me why these fools decided to have a BBQ in the parking lot! they blew up a picture of the dude who passed (some uncle Leon type that everyone knew) and in the 15 minutes i waited for the bus at the bus stop, they were sending this little boy (clearly not over 21) back and forth to get liquor, cups and ice from the store.

what took the cake for me was this:right next to the blown-up picture of the guy who passed was a memorial--people stopped to put flowers and candles on the ground. this one dude walks past and pours out one from his 40--and he didnt even know dude!

2. this isnt as triflin, but i guess this one family didnt have enough money to rent a hearse, so all the guys of the family, on the way out the funeral hall, decides to carry out the casket out to one of the family members' station wagon! and of course the casket didnt fit all the way--these fools are tying twine around the back door.

SMH at it all, especially cause i live here. lawdy lawd help the hood out.
Ok see, you live in the hood for real for real! LMAO!!

It's a jungle out there.