View Single Post
Old 08-04-2010, 10:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan55 View Post
Yea, its 100 now and 125 after the 25th. I know they can be expensive my parents are paying for it if I join, but I have to pay to rush. I think im gonna do it and just accept Im gonna be even more broke than I currently am but at least I wont regret not doing it.
That should be process.

Quote:
@elephantwalk: I assume you go or went to arkansas? I cant wait to get up there, the campus is just beautiful
Yes sir. Graduated last year.

I'm hoping to make the move permanently back to Northwest Arkansas as soon as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSteven View Post
Elephant Walk may know for sure, but you may want to check with the Arkansas Greek Life office about possible payment plans for the fee. It might be that you can put X dollars down now, and paying the remaining balance later. Perhaps without being assessed an additional late fee.
Although I don't know for a fact, I would sincerely doubt it would be the case. Parice is barely able to keep the payments straight as it is, much less multiple payments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hootyhoo View Post
I would definitely pay the $100 to go through. A lot of guys don't like formal rush (I have a ton of friends in fraternities at Big 12 schools that went through informal) but the idea works perfectly for people like you. You don't sound like you know where you want to go (sorry if I'm wrong here) and through rush you get to meet everyone and decide where you feel you fit in best. Woo Pig Sooie!!!
Exactly. She's got it right. That's the beauty of formal rush. The fraternities get to pick over some of the slop for diamonds in the rough they missed and rushees get to meet people from all the houses.
Overall, though, it's the bigness of the car that counts the most. Because when something bad happens in a really big car – accidentally speeding through the middle of a gang of unruly young people who have been taunting you in a drive-in restaurant, for instance – it happens very far away – way out at the end of your fenders. It's like a civil war in Africa; you know, it doesn't really concern you too much. - P.J. O'Rourke

Last edited by Elephant Walk; 08-04-2010 at 10:14 PM.