View Single Post
Old 06-19-2020, 11:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
I think that to some degree whether you think this concept is awful or great also has to do with your collegiate experience and where your chapter was in the pecking order of your campus and within your national organization. Also whether it concerns a legacy to the siame chapter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
I just hope this gets publicized REALLY REALLY A LOT so the other sororities take it into account and don’t all drop a girl because they assume she’ll be high up enough on her legacy chapter’s list.
I believe the concept of Delta Gamma eliminating a sorority legacy policy that worked for generations, but is now found too confining, has merit. NPC groups have obviously evolved their Membership Selection Methods in many ways since 1851; how is this decision such a drag? Is DG really sacrificing a high tradition of legacy membership for something much worse? Not in my opinion.

It's only words, and words are all I have to take your heart away.