View Single Post
Old 04-27-2018, 03:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
I guess there are no racial overtones whatsoever to "a big black dick" or in the expansion pack, "an even bigger black dick."

And there's nothing racist at all about the "Jew Pack" containing prompts about the holocaust, torturing Jews and Anne Frank's genitals.
I had to Google this, because I didn't think it could actually be real. Please tell me that people were outraged when that came out.

I guess it's been a really long while since I've played - I actually find the game rather boring. But perhaps that just means I'm too old and "uncool".

Quote:
Here's an article which does a content analysis of the Cards Against Humanity game which finds, among other things that

It's really exactly the kind of humor these kids are being expelled for. I wonder if any of the administrators involved has played this game?
Exactly the same "humor"? Eh, I'm not so sure. But I guess for me, I've never found a reason to utter a racial slur - nor have I thought about it, even in a joking way - so I interpret this as being different. But perhaps it isn't.

Either way, I really can't blame the school for taking this as seriously as they have in the current climate this country is in. And there's video which will live forever on the internet. The school can't just ignore that and say, "Everyone, chill. It was a joke."

@~/~~~~