Thread: D&R Random
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2013, 06:11 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizeree I2K View Post
Sorry about your break up, but I feel you on what you're going through, meeting up with females who aren't who they say they are, as far as looks go. When my account was active, and I was still kickin it with random females, some would lie about what they looked like. They would post pictures from way back when, and then when we would agree to meet up, they would be big as hell. That used to get me upset because I had to sit through an entire date with a female who was fat as hell. I don't know why females lie like that. I usually can tell if she's big as hell because her face will be wide, but when they post an old picture when they were thin and looked good as hell, you automatically think she's going to look like that on the date.
I'm always leery when I see a face shot only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchkin03 View Post
What made you realize that dating is based on social class? I would say that people stay within their social class even more than they stay within their race or religion.
I think it seems that way with women but not necessarily with men. Women seem to want men who are either on the same or higher financial level that they are on, if they are women with professional careers making money. With men, it could be a woman working an entry level job at McDonalds making pennies. But, if she's really attractive, and has her head on straight, a guy will still show interest, even if he is on a higher professional/financial level. I don't think we look at the whole social class thing like women do.

The problem with this is, as men, we're generally going to find the same women physically attractive. So, we'll go after the same women, but those women can pretty much have their pick, and because of that, they will choose the men who are professionals making decent money. The men who aren't on a high status level like that (financially) are left with the women that nobody wants, and that leaves the women I mentioned above. They are either unattractive, or if they are attractive, they're messed up in the head. That's what it seems like to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasViolet View Post
Are you trying to meet people other places besides just PoF? Maybe there are tons of people that found the perfect person for them on that website, but I've just never heard any good stories.

What do you mean by dating is based on social class?
I've tried Christian Mingle, and E-Harmony as well.

What I mean by social class, I'm talking about people having the same or similar economic/financial or educational status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerfulgreek View Post
What is it that you're looking for in a mate? I mean, do you think that what you might want is realistic?
That's a good question. I would like to think my expectations are realistic. I never really made a list out. I have in my mind what I want, but what I want, they're all taken. It kind of goes back to what I said before about it all being based on social class.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyBoy View Post
Put it this way, if I told you she was a 36-24-36, I would be speaking of her forearm, neck, and thigh.
Lol