Thread: D&R Random
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013, 10:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizeree I2K View Post
When you said dudes become passive, what would you say the other part of the reason is? For real question. I'm just asking because I hear a lot of females talking about how they don't like indecisive dudes.
Well, I think a great majority of it could stem from what I said here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerfulgreek View Post
I know our lives are made up of things or people who have already developed their own belief system from sources in their own particular lives. Essentially, we are all trained to believe what they believe, our mind-set made to reflect their own, and the environment we grew up in.

So what I am saying to you is every last one of us are bits and pieces of every thing and every person we have encountered. Therefore it makes common sense to me that our self-image, self-worth, mental attitude, and self-confidence will rise or fall dependent to a large extent on that of our trainers and the things we are exposed to throughout our lives
And I believe the the other reasons also stem from sons growing up without seeing a living example of how men should behave as a husband. And daughters growing up not knowing how to have healthy relationships with men, and then doing all the wrong things to receive love from men. Another part of it could be that there are some women behaving like a man, and a woman with that kind of an attitude will lead a man to believe he is not needed. I mean, there could be several other reasons, but those are just some of the things I believe the "passive man"/"indecisive man" issue stems from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizeree I2K View Post
........but goddamn! LOL!
Well, I was kidding about the manicure, but very serious about the other part of that. It's just that growing up I've learned a lot from my parents. From my dad, I have learned what standard to set for men I chose to get involved with. If they couldn't meet those standards, I released them and waited for a man who could. From my mom, I have learned how to be a woman. Her advice has always been sound, whether I liked it or not. Her counsel has always proven to be correct, and I wouldn't trade her for anything in the world. She's the best mom, ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCsweet<3 View Post
I had kind of assumed the wife was complaining about it and that was how PB knew the situation, like that the husband wasn't clearing the car. I think what I find most interesting is that the husband goes to bed right away. I mean it's only an hour. Why not stay up and help the wife/chat with her. I often wake up with Boyfriend when he gets up and although he is getting ready we can check in a little bit and see what is going on with the other person. I understand that he may be exhausted, but it's only an hour. He must be a deep sleeper if he can sleep through his partner getting ready.

I like your distinction between being self sufficient and being too self sufficient. I think it goes both way, for men and women. Many need to feel that they contribute in their partner's life. Not all, but many.
Yep, and I totally agree with you. I mean, like Dee said, who knows? I mean, according to PB, I do know that they don't have any children and are newlyweds. I was just throwing some possible reasons out there, instead of just jumping to the conclusion that the guy was just lazy and selfish.

Again, PB shame on you for assuming....

Last edited by cheerfulgreek; 03-06-2013 at 10:38 PM.