View Single Post
Old 03-12-2012, 01:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb55 View Post
Yeah I get you. I just don't know how I would help improve the reputation? How does one do that?
The book "I Heart Recruitment" is a great resource:
http://www.amazon.com/Heart-Recruitm...1574530&sr=8-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb55 View Post
To everyone who said I was lazy and just wanted the world to revolve around me without putting any work in, I wish you would've read that I said "I'm not sure I have the time/skills/effort to do that. I wouldn't be sure where to begin."
It wasn't me saying I wasn't willing to put in the effort, it was me saying I was unsure I was fit for the job.

Please read posts fully before responding, this was all pretty hateful...
As in life, getting defensive on GreekChat will get you nowhere. One of the greatest lessons I learned in college is that if you're not getting the response you desire to either your words or your actions, then you have to look at yourself for the answer - change your approach, change your actions, change your attitude, change your wording, be open to self-evaluation. This is such a good life lesson when you get passed up for a promotion, when you don't get accepted into a competitive program, or when you don't get elected to a position you want.

Anyway, you're young and you came on here for advice. You got hammered a little bit because much of what you've said comes straight out of the classic cop-out lexicon. I think if you read through some of the posts from women in your situation, you'll understand better why you got the responses you did.