View Single Post
Old 10-15-2009, 10:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Thanks everyone! Didn't get any sleep last night though due to the fact I couldn't breathe

PREF NIGHT!

So I had about 1000 butterflies in my stomach hoping that my Rho Gamma wouldn’t call me and tell me that no one invited me back. I hoped that Barcelona went well enough, which I’m pretty sure went well, but I was pretty sure London and Rome wouldn’t invite me back. Thankfully, as the time got closer and closer to the starting time I felt better and didn’t receive a call.

My schedule was:
1. Barcelona
2. Rome

I was super excited!!! After thinking all day I thought that Rome would be such a better fit for me than London, even though I did like the girls. I just felt more comfortable and more like myself at Rome than London.

As Barcelona sisters called girls in, the PNM and sister all recognized each other and were very excited. I was scared that I would get someone I really didn’t remember. Thankfully when I saw Katie, the girl who rushed me the day before I knew she was going to be preffing me, and I was so excited! It was fun talking as we ate, then we watched a great slideshow that I could picture myself it. We then went upstairs and Katie talked about how much she could see me in that slideshow, how I just seemed to fit in perfectly and how all the girls were talking about how great I was and how they wanted me to join their house. It was so great! We then went downstairs and did the ceremony, and girls talked about finding other Barcelonas across the country (and Canada!) and how good it felt. This really reminded me of all the traveling my mom does for the sorority and it made me cry. Other girls talked about their experiences and even more tears came. I left and instantly knew they would be my #1

I then went to Rome, where I couldn’t really remember the girl (ahh! I felt so bad!). But we had such a great time. We went upstairs to talk and actually talked about awkward situations like having food stuck in your teeth, make up not blending, shaving uhh certain parts. It was so funny and I felt incredibly comfortable there. During the ceremony we had a great time again and we were laughing the entire time. As she walked me outside, my strapless dress fell! I caught it, but I’m pretty sure A LOT showed!! Yikes! We laughed if off though. I left feeling really good about Rome.

On the way back, my strapless bra ended up below my ribs. I thankfully had a coat to cover up though!!!!

Although I knew I’d be comfortable at Rome, I still had always been a huge fan of Barcelona.

So I ranked them
1. Barcelona
2. Rome

And as we were ranking, they announced that if you attended 2 pref parties you were guaranteed a bid!!!! I was so excited!