View Single Post
Old 06-05-2018, 08:56 PM

Like ASTalumna06 said, there is quite a bit of variation from campus to campus. It is my understanding that, these days, at schools where only a few NPC sororities have chapters, the local Panhel can opt out of doing FR altogether. Evidently this isn't true at Centenary.

But I'd be surprised if any FR invitations beyond open house (philanthropy night at that school) were automatic, for two reasons: legacy policies and low GPA. Taking my own sorority as an example:

- Anyone who does not meet the minimum GPA for initiation is released after the open house round. (The national minimum is 2.5/4.0 but individual chapters can set their own higher minimums.)
- All legacies who do meet minimum GPA must be invited to the first invitational round.
- Any legacy who is invited to preference must be on the chapter's first bid list. So, if a chapter feels that a particular legacy is not a good fit, they'd have to release her before pref.

So, if invitations were automatic, a chapter might get stuck with a new member with a terrible GPA or a bad reputation.