View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 09:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low C Sharp View Post
I'm talking about the photography itself, not the subject matter. I see a bunch of forgettable snapshots. I'm very surprised to learn that the photographer is a resident artist at a good university. I don't see any creativity here.

I've seen candid portraits of unsmiling, ordinary people that were gorgeous art and/or shed a lot of light on the subject or the photographer's point of view. Not this. I don't know why I would go see them on a gallery wall.
Hey all, I'm the photographer.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and for looking at my photographs (both online and in person at the LDSOA gallery). I'm still in the very beginning stages of this project... still learning about Sorority life and still learning to capture those truth-telling moments. I'm so sorry that some of you didn't find the work very compelling. I appreciate the critique. So, how can I do better? How can I do you right and better show and understand Sorority Life?

Seriously, I welcome any feedback on this and would be honored if you would share more of your thoughts.

All Best,
Kelly