Thread: Changing Frats
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2006, 08:56 PM
GreekChat Member

I didn't intend to open a can of worms.
My loyalty to my Fraternity is complete and life-long. I want the best for the organization, and I will never reveal any of the secrets. But I suppose we all make decisions about what's important vs. what is not.
I've never felt that our Fraternity constitution is meant to be a suicide pact. You do what you need to do to create the dominant fraternity, the one that attracts the most dynamic and ambitious men.

Do you ever have parties at your Fraternity where underage men drink alcohol? Well, then you have made one of those decisions about what's important and what is relatively unimportant.

I would never advocate going out to solicit other fraternities' members for our own Fraternity. But, when I was an undergraduate, once or twice a Brother would bring a friend to us who had transfered from another school where he had the misfortune to be initiated into another fraternity. Either they had no chapter on our campus, or their chapter at FSU was not competitive or maybe was incompatible with our friend. No one told the Chapter; no one said a word. The man went through pledgeship and initiation and became one of us and has remained so for life.

I feel I know what's important to me about my Fraternity. I don't begrudge you your thoughts and I have no judgement to render. We all do what we do.

By the way, Sigma Pi is re-colonizing here. they made a great presentation to IFC. Solid Sigma Pi alumni in the area will ensure success.

Last edited by Firehouse; 10-18-2006 at 09:00 PM.