View Single Post
Old 06-14-2004, 11:22 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Measi Send a message via Yahoo to Measi
Agreed on the way too overpriced. I have several friends in graphic and web design- and if the site uses a standardized template *from scratch* (i.e. not pre-fabricated, as you have on your site), they charge roughly $25 for the first page (including all graphics, layout, etc.), and $5 per page thereafter using the same template, since additional pages need very little more than page flow and possibly an individual title graphic (based upon a standard from the first page). Costs go up only if the group wants something specific that requires much more detailed, high-definition coding, if they're looking for a completely original design (charges are then agreed upon by piece or by hour), or if they're looking for hosting as well.

While I do think the layouts that you're providing are clean and easy to read, none of them suggest that you're creating any graphics that would be worth the money you're asking for, much less asking that much money for pre-fabricated templates.

and for what it's worth-- you're charging more for these templates than a specific book publisher pays for individual pieces of art for textbooks (since I draft said work for hire contracts personally).

You definitely need to do some reconsidering.

~ Melissa