View Single Post
Old 10-08-2017, 11:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momoffour View Post
My daughter pledged a "low tier" house by choice. She felt more comfortable there and has been very happy with her new sisters. She had a friend that went through with her, and got cut from every house except for the one that my daughter pledged. She attended pref, but did not sign her MRABA. Before bid distribution, she was called and offered a snap bid from my daughter's chapter, but she declined because she was "torn". (Also known as having a bruised ego from being cut.) This girl said that she felt no connection to the 3 or 4 girls that she talked with during rush. Fast forward to 6 weeks later, and the same girl decided to attend a COB party at my daughter's house and actually loved it. They once again offered her a bid and she accepted. She is very happy. (And lucky in my opinion.) The thing that needs to be stressed here is that the formal rush experience may give you a glimpse of a chapter, but it isn't always the full picture. I find it very hard to believe that with a chapter as large as the ones at Ole Miss, your daughter can't find a handful of girls to call 'her people". As far as RFM is concerned, how would it be fair to the girls going through rush if they attended pref at a house where that house could only pledge 20% of the girls attending their pref party?
I'm happy for your daughter and now I'm even happy for your daughter's new sister. But I think it is time for you to quit reminding us and yourself that your daughter pledged a "low tier" sorority. Let it go. This story was great on it's own - it doesn't matter if she pledged the snowflakiest of all snowflake sororities - she is happy with her choice, you are happy for her and we all need to quit chewing on the tier thing!